Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Golden Chemise

I saw a feather,
It was light,
I couldn’t catch it
‘Coz it fights

I ate some bread
It was wholesome
But it made me fat
‘Coz I am loathsome

Running away from symphony
I tried to find my clues
In juice, junk and geometry
Until all my children
Learnt all they could

I could not emulate anyone
Even if I tried
His name was blazed
On an electric sky

I paid for those paupers
Who felt sheer delight
At the mention of his name
Under a dark blue sky
The destroyer seeks within me
To test my brain
Of habits destructive and
Feelings of pain

Strange sounds I hear
In the rain
From birds whose feathers
I fight in vain

The lamp was yellow
And bright his eyes
Golden browed and dripping
With sure surprise
Of bird songs never ending
On Lord Shiva’s sweet chemise.

TOSHAM


No comments: