Thursday, December 4, 2008

A moment of clarity














A strand of your hair flew into my fingers. I didn’t catch it, it just flew right in, like it wanted to stay back with me. I couldn’t help but return some of the kindness it showed me, so I just stood there, lost in thought, staring at it. All the while you were walking away, with your small but brisk steps, and your hair trailing your ears like wisps of shadow creeping out from beneath a doorframe. You may not have wanted to see this, but you had left a part of you behind and now I was holding it, the moment was over and now it was mine, mine not because I claimed it, but because it came willingly. Now wherever you may go, I will always have it with me, and I will store it in the same box that I store the hope that one day you will be back to reclaim it. And maybe that day we shall talk of love.

2 comments:

Ridhima bahl said...

only one word ''beautiful'..these lines can make anyone fall in love...

aDeeBa said...

Oh nIcE!.. Infact found it quite sweet...